Saturday, May 8, 2010

Snippets#4

A failed relationship, career and whatnot is a tragedy like a car crash. And yet one can hardly look away. If I may, without butchering the adjective beautiful, let me say that failures are beautiful tragedies we look back on to remind ourselves to be humble and take to heart the lessons emerging from such.

I say this out of a recent revelation that was brought to my attention. We may choose to try or we may try to choose. Either way seems the most sensible course of action. What is not an option is giving up. Imagine a striving swimmer with the goal of finishing first place in the olympics in mind. The easiest way to achieve the athlete's goal is to train hard. The hard way is if the athlete juts sits around not doing anything. We really have a perverted sense of easy and hard. I believe advertisement did a work on us. Fast food chains say they deliver food fast, but what if my primary need isn't speed? Convenience is overrated. Hard, if you think about it, considering the essence of the word, is easy.

Our hardship is probably a preparation for something great in our lives. How we respond to it is the issue. We may find the "easiest" way out or face it-all the pain and inconvenience. The good book has told us this principle in a form of a parable, its point being that those who are faithful in small things shall be entrusted great things.

The question is how will we respond?

1 comment:

  1. they say that hardships shape a man's soul, but know what? from all the hardships i've been through these past 5 years, I can just imagine my soul so well-shaped I could mistake it for the body of a goddess. anyway, i've been through hell and maybe i'm not yet back but still i keep a positive perspective at the back of my mind whenever things go haywire again. i guess it keeps me balanced. and maybe the Big Man up there is cruel sometimes. but i believe His cruelty is somehow refining. He may rain shit on our backs frequently but He only drowns us once. That's how good He is maybe at balancing things. This is already long. I just thought I'd drop a few notes. he he he...

    ReplyDelete