Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Post-Mother's Day Post

Without any shame, I claim myself to be a momma's boy. I say this because I love my mother so much and I practically lived my foundational years under her care. Needless to say, my dad, courtesy of his job abroad, is not always around. My mother has become my best friend, so to speak.

I remember, as a teenager, I would seek advise from my mother regarding girls and adolescent troubles. In college, my mother helped my in my thesis after some group issues prompted me to go solo and work on my thesis during sembreak. Now that I'm a young professional and starting to embrace adulthood and the responsibilities that it entails, my mother is still there for me, despite everything, even the things that we would bicker over.

I can say that I'm blessed to have a mother who is not only caring and supportive but also understanding and strong. She has been responsible for shaping the values and morals that I stand for. It is true what she always tells me, that parenthood does not end after sending your kids to school.

Let me honor my mother by expressing here how much I am grateful for every sacrifices and tears shed for me and my siblings. Happy mother's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment