Monday, May 17, 2010

And We're Part Of History

May, 10, 2010.

The longs lines leading to the precinct show hopeful Filipinos exercising their right to vote. Despite all rumors of a failure of elections, glitches and election-related violence, at last, all systems go for the first automated election in the country.

I, together with my mother and brother went to our respective precincts as early as 7 am. The comelec officers were just setting up the machines. It took us 3 hours to finally cast our votes. The process was efficient (though I have no basis as I say this, considering that this was my first time to vote).

A few hours later, results are being collated already that stunned the whole country and the politicians. With a new administration ushering in, we can only hope that all will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment